Captain David Cole
MVO MMus ARCM RM
David joined the Royal Marines Band Service in 1967 from which he retired as a Director of Music after 32 years service. He studied conducting at the Royal Academy of Music and was awarded the Silver Medal of the Worshipful Company of Musicians. His career in the Royal Marines culminated in September 1992 when he was appointed Director of Music to the Band of HM Royal Marines Portsmouth and Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia. An appointment he held to December 1997 when the Royal Yacht was decommissioned in Portsmouth. The Queen honoured him by awarding him membership of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO).
Following his long and distinguished career in the Royal Marines he spent the next few years in teaching as the Head of Music at Wellesley House, a top Independent Preparatory School in Broadstairs, Kent where he also continued his life-long love of sport and athletics.
David was appointed Director of Music to the Royal British Legion in 2006 and as such, directs the Central Band. He is also the Assistant Producer of the annual Festival of Remembrance, a major national event broadcast on BBC television and radio.
- 09/06/13 The Central Band of The Royal British Legion in Margate at Winter Gardens
- 06/07/13 - 07/07/13 The Central Band of The Royal British Legion in London at Wimbledon Finals
- 04/08/13 - 09/08/13 The Central Band of The Royal British Legion in Eastbourne at The Bandstand
- 12/10/13 The Central Band of The Royal British Legion in London at Cadogan Hall Buy tickets
- 10/11/13 The Central Band of The Royal British Legion in Epsom at Epsom Playhouse